These Candy Cane Christmas pretzel rods are so cute and festive, and very easy to make with a tasty end result!
The Christmas pretzel sticks are dipped in white chocolate and rolled in crushed candy canes!
They are pretty much the reason for the season and you are going to love making and eating dipped pretzel rods for Christmas.
You may be thinking that white chocolate, pretzels, and crushed candy canes may be a super weird combination flavor-wise, but it is actually really fantastic!
I have made countless different types of chocolate-dipped pretzels and these peppermint Christmas pretzels are always a fan favorite above all of the other kinds!
Something about the peppermint from the candy canes mixed with the white chocolate and salty nature of the pretzel rod marries together for the perfect explosion of flavor!
These Christmas pretzel rods are actually 100% vegan when you use vegan white chocolate chips which is exactly what I do! Of course, you can use whatever white baking chocolate you prefer, it is really up to you.
They are the perfect vegan snack for Christmas and they are so festive and cute too!
They are truly a crowd favorite and loved by adults and kids both.
The candy cane Christmas pretzel rods are beyond easy to make and they last for a long time too. They are great for cookie exchanges or when you need vegan Christmas candy too.
I hope you enjoy making and eating these cute Christmas chocolate-covered pretzels as much as I do!
Why You Will Love These Christmas Pretzel Rods
- They whip up quickly. These Christmas pretzel sticks whip up quickly and look impressive. They are not fussy like other Christmas cookie recipes can sometimes be, and the end result is something that everyone loves. Dipped pretzels for Christmas are a rare and tasty treat.
- Perfect for new chefs. If you are new in the kitchen, this is a recipe that you can’t possibly mess up. You don’t even need to use the stove if you don’t want to. It is completely cooking-free if you use the microwave and the end result is delicious Christmas chocolate covered pretzel rods that everyone will enjoy.
- There are very few ingredients. Honestly, this recipe is so simple and requires very few things which is great during the hustle and bustle of the holidays when you are feeling stressed and pressured to shop. You can also choose between making regular pretzels or vegan Christmas pretzel rods depending on your preference.
Where To Find Vegan White Chocolate Chips
When you read the title of this, you may be confused how these cute Christmas pretzels are vegan as white chocolate chips that are vegan seem impossible to find. Of course, you can use whatever type of white chocolate you prefer, but if you want to go the vegan route, it is super easy to find.
This isn’t true anymore and they are actually quite easy to source!
Did you know that you can easily find plenty of Vegan White Chocolate Chips On Amazon!
But did you know that WALMART and your regular grocery store has vegan white chocolate chips too?!
Nestle makes a brand called “Simply Delicious” and they are a vegan line of White Chocolate Chips!
These are your two best bets! To try and order some vegan white chocolate chips from Amazon or Walmart!
Sometimes Whole Foods or your local grocery store will also carry vegan white chocolate chips as well so you just have to ask or look at the ingredients! They are perfect for vegan Christmas candy and work wonderfully in these dipped pretzels.
How To Make The Christmas Pretzel Rods
Making these white chocolate-dipped pretzel rods is super easy and they make the perfect festive Christmas treat!
As long as you use vegan white chocolate chips, this recipe for Christmas pretzels is 100% vegan!
If you have never made chocolate dipped pretzels before, there is a knack, so continue to read on. This is the perfect recipe for anyone looking for pretzel rod Christmas ideas because what is cuter than candy canes?
The first thing you are going to want to do is line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Next, you are going to melt your white chocolate either on the stove or in the microwave.
I prefer to melt the white chocolate for these Christmas pretzels on the stove, but that is because I don’t use the microwave that much and prefer the control doing it over the stove allows me!
If you are in a hurry or you are new to baking, you can use the microwave for these pretzel stick Christmas treats and the end result will be exactly the same.
No matter what, once your white chocolate is melted, you want to pour it into a tall and thin container such as a tall drinking glass.
This is so that you can easily dip the pretzel with no issues!
If you are using the microwave, you can put the white chocolate chips in the tall glass and just microwave the glass itself to cut down on one step!
Once the white chocolate is melted, it is time to dip the Christmas pretzels!
Dip the pretzel rod into the white chocolate and then lay it on the cookie sheet on parchment paper.
You don’t want to drown each pretzel rod in chocolate, you just want to make sure that it is nicely coated.
The white chocolate shouldn’t be pooling around the pretzels.
Continue this process until all of your pretzels are dipped in the white chocolate.
Now, you are going to put your candy canes in a plastic bag or between two sheets of parchment paper and use a rolling pin or the back of a spoon to crush them into small pieces. Of course, you can use whatever you want, but candy cane Christmas pretzel rods just work so well with the white chocolate.
Make sure that the pieces are fairly small so that they aren’t falling off the pretzel.
Now, DO NOT ROLL THE PRETZELS IN THE PEPPERMINT!
I cannot explain this enough! You do NOT want to roll the white chocolate dipped pretzels in the peppermint! Ask me how I know. They will become a gross soggy mess and will not come out cute at all.
Instead, you simply want to sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the pretzels as they lay on the baking sheet. If you try to roll them, the chocolate will fall off and the peppermint candy will clump together.
Just sprinkle the crushed candy canes over each individual pretzel until they are all coated and you have cute Christmas pretzel rods!
Once the Christmas dipped pretzels are ready, place them in the fridge until the white chocolate hardens.
Then remove and serve!
How To Store The Candy Cane Christmas Pretzels
Although we do pop the candy cane pretzels in the fridge to harden, you do NOT want to store them in the fridge!
One thing that I love about this Christmas pretzels recipe is that you can make a big batch and they store SO WELL! They make the perfect gifts or the perfect snack for any holiday party!
Once the white chocolate is hardened, you can store these Christmas pretzel rods in an air-tight container on the counter for 2-3 weeks.
They pretty much last as long as pretzels last before they go stale, once the bag is open!
Just make sure to store them at room temperature. If not, the candy canes on the Christmas pretzel sticks will get kind of weird and sticky and it won’t be a good experience when they are cold as the candy canes “sweat.”
I love making a big batch of these candy cane Christmas pretzels at the beginning of December and then bringing them to parties or giving them out as presents for the rest of the month!
Did You Try This Recipe?
If so, I would love to keep in touch! I enjoy seeing photos and comments about the recipes that you make! You can follow me on Instagram and I will repost your goodies in my stories and comment on it too! Just tag me at @wowitsveggie and hashtag #wowitsveggie. I can’t wait to see what you make!
- 2 cups vegan white chocolate chips + more if necessary [or any kind of white chocolate you prefer]
- 1 bag pretzel rods
- Crushed candy canes
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Melt your vegan white chocolate chips either on the stove or using the microwave.
- Once melted, pour into a tall and thin container such as a tall drinking glass. If you are using the microwave, you can melt the white chocolate chips in the tall glass to cut down on one step.
- Dip your pretzel rods into the melted white chocolate and place on the cookie sheet.
- Place candy canes in a plastic bag or between two sheets of parchment paper and use a spoon or rolling pin to crush them into small pieces.
- DO NOT ROLL the pretzels in the candy canes or else it will clump and the white chocolate will fall off! Instead, simply sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the pretzels as they lie on the baking sheet! Again, do NOT roll them in the crushed candy canes!
- Place Christmas pretzels in the fridge to cool until the white chocolate is hard.
- Once the white chocolate is hard, remove the Christmas pretzel rods from the fridge and enjoy! The pretzels can be stored at room temperature in an air-tight container for 2-3 weeks!